Last month I wrote about how to create time each month for consistent content creation. Once people realise that half a day each month is only 2.5% of their time, their next objection is “But I don’t Know Where to Start”.
So here is how to start:
- Head to https://answerthepublic.com/
- Type in some key words for your industry – eg, business coaching – and click ‘Get Questions’
- These are questions people are typing into Google related to your keywords
- Each of these Questions is now a dedicated ‘content piece’. Surely you can answer most of these, if you were asked
- Set up your smartphone video camera (at eye level, with good lighting) and just answer the question in a natural way
- Send that video to https://www.rev.com/ and ask for Subtitles and a Transcript for $US1/minute
- Upload the video (with subtitles) to your Vimeo and/or YouTube Accounts
- Create a blog post on your website
- Use the specific question as your Title and in the URL
- Embed the video at the top
- Copy the transcript below (and tidy it up so it’s easy to read)
- Send a link to that blog post to your email database
- Upload the video to your Social Media channels as well (especially Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Do 5 of these in the ½ Day you put aside each month, and you will have created a weekly marketing machine!
At a certain size, or depending on your time priorities, parts or all of this task can be outsourced.
If you’re too busy to create a blog post each month – that’s great! – and there are experts out there who will create it for you, and bring additional expertise and marketing strategy to boot.